“The HTH was ultimately the catalyst to developing a business plan, bringing products to market, securing funding, and moving forward with my business”
Health Technology Hub Performance Evaluation
In 2020 an independent survey of businesses supported by the Health Tech Hub was carried out by Business West Insight (BWI). 44 businesses responded anonymously to the survey.
Key survey findings:
- Businesses were highly complimentary of the Health Tech Hub support. From the survey, the Net Promoter Score (i.e. how likely it is a client will recommend the service) was 76, compared with the average for ERDF projects of 51.
- 82% of businesses rated the Health Tech Hub specialists as excellent! Ratings under various headings shown below.
“Without HTH, I wouldn’t be in the position I’m in now”
“I would not have been able to do any research without HTH input to get a prototype ready”
“It was all fantastic, really really good support.”
- 62% of businesses reported an increase in R&D investment as a consequence of the support provided.
- 67% of businesses reported that the support resulted in accelerated product development. Areas of benefit identified by businesses are shown below.
- 66% of beneficiaries reported that the support provided had reduced the costs involved in product commercialization and 71% of beneficiaries said it had reduced the time it has/will take to commercialise their product.
“Added science and technical expertise to our in-house industry knowledge.”
“The hub has linked our group of service businesses to a range of potential customers that will gain from our skills and provide additional turnover to us.”
“Working with the HTH has led us to the point where we are preparing to launch a highly disruptive service.”
Visit the Case Studies page for more information on some of the projects the Health Tech Hub has undertaken.